Remodeling or Changing Service

Remodeling or Changing Service

If you're adding or changing your electrical load, we need to know to make sure you get the power needed.

ALERT: Material Shortages and Supply Chain Crisis Causing Delays

The electrical industry is facing a nationwide supply chain crisis. While full payment for a customers proposal will secure today's pricing, it does not guarantee that material is available when the customer is ready. Workorders released material packaging will be prioritized by material availability, amount/type of material required, and customer readiness. All of this means that construction schedules may be severely delayed. Read more about our Material Shortages and Supply Chain Crisis here

This includes remodeling, changing out your electrical panel, or changing the type of electrical service to your property. Before you or your electrician do the work, please fill out an application for altered service. Depending upon the complexity of the job and number of applications we’re working on, this may take between two and eight weeks, so plan ahead.

You can find a list of PUD 3's Engineering Specifications & Policies and our Service Rules & Regulations in the Document Archives.

PUD 3 Document Archives

Expand All
  • Application for altered service/added load.
  • Application for Credit if the PUD 3 account isn’t in your name (unless you have previously completed an Application for Credit).
  • A copy of the Building Permit and Approval Number from the State Electrical Inspector are required, but not necessary to submit application for estimate. Click Here
  • Plot Plan of Development or Drawing of Property (Need location of septic, poles, mobile, home (entrance), and temporaries).
  • Copies of current recorded deed or current recorded contract of sale, and parcel number for property.
  • Clearly marked parcel corners.

PUD 3’s engineering staff is specially trained to design a safe, legal, and cost-effective plan to connect your new home or business to PUD 3’s clean, reliable electric grid. Because there are so many variables, we do not give “rough estimates” for specific jobs.

All customers must submit an application for electrical service in order to receive a cost estimate.

This handout may offer a better explanation.

PUD 3 may have rebates available for upgrading the energy efficient of your home or equipment during a remodel. Call the Conservation Department at 360-426-0777 to learn more.

NOTE: If your remodel requires a permit to bring the building up to code, some rebates may not apply.

  • PUD 3 must have access to the meter every month.
  • The meter base must be installed on the outside of the building, where it’s easy to get to.
  • Don’t put the meter base in these locations:
    • Over 5 feet off the ground
    • In a carport or other places that may be enclosed later.
    • In the same area that your dog will be kept.
    • Anywhere you want absolute privacy.

Don’t tamper with the meter:

Customers who have disconnected or reconnected their power without proper authorization and/or have tampered with the meter, or had their seals cut will be billed a minimum $360.00 tampering fee.

Customers who have disconnected or reconnected their power without proper authorization and/or have tampered with the meter, or had their seals cut will be billed a tampering fee plus actual costs. (See Fee Schedule A for current meter tampering fees)

Banner 2